Friday 4 May 2007

Waiting...

Hi guys

Just had a look at this site and thought it seems to be dying! So guilted myself into posting, even though I have no real news to put up. I'm still waiting and waiting to see if my contract happens in london - hopefully it will but it's been 3 wks and they still haven't sorted themselves out :P I keep telling them I can go anytime so what's the bet they just turn around and say 'ok your flights are booked for the day after tomorrow - off you go'!?! Anyway hopefully I'll get there...

Mark and I went out to see a ballet at the opera house last night - it was brilliant, I loved it, although we were sitting way up the back so couldn't see a lot of detail. Bizarrely, I got scared because we were too high up... Mark was laughing at me cos there's not really any chance of falling down to the bottom when you're sitting down is there?! Here's a self-taken pic we took during one of the intervals - I like it, it's a bit zany. Don't ask me what the lights are going over our heads, maybe people had sparklers and were waving them behind us... :)

I've been doing family history research into my mum's paternal grandfather's side of the family (other family members had done the rest), and it's pretty cool - I think I've traced my ancestors back to the 1730s in Northamptonshire in the UK. Will try to go visit where they lived if I get over there. They came out to Aus in 1855 and lived in Camden - pretty cool hey?

That's all the news I can think of right now. Hope everyone's going well, and is going to post something up here soon, no matter how mundane!

Oh, and I'm looking forward to the reunion too - I hope playing lawn bowls is fun, I've never done it before. Who do you guys want to catch up with most?

Ellie xox

2 comments:

Daniel and Jody Unterrheiner said...

Hot stuff Ellie! Haven´t got time to read your blog entry, but love the picture!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you! JXX

Daniel and Jody Unterrheiner said...

OK. read it now. Lol. What new contract are you talking about? Sounds like you are having loads of fun. Still in Argentina... loads of things to organise at the moment, can´t actually organise a flight out of here! Tried 4 times and they have all fallen through for some reason, so annoying! Stupid flight companies! But that´s not for a couple of months away anyway. Still enjoying it, but finding leading a team real tough! Talk to you soon! ¨:)