Monday 20 November 2006

Woohoo! Bum-time...

Yay - first work-day where I didn't have to go to work! :) And it was sooooo sweet. Bummed around all morning, then went to Balmoral beach in the afternoon, then dance this evening. Bring it on! Although I've got another stupid dentist appointment tomorrow for another filling, which is crap :P Cracked me up last time - horrible as it was, just because it's the dentist, I was halfway through getting this horrible filling and I just had this thought of how funny the dentist actually is. It's like some old medieval tortune scene with someone strapped down in a chair and tipped backwards, and 2 people standing over them shoving all kinds of drills and suction devices and other instruments of torture into their mouth!! But I didn't think it was that funny for too long...

Leaving work was so fantastic! I have worked there for 5 1/2 yrs now, and I was so over this office down here - all the problems here at now someone else's to fix :P Had some good farewell stuff - drinks and lunch and stuff. The guys got me a day spa voucher for this place in Turramurra - looks brilliant (hehe website's pretty dodge though), and the voucher's for $200!!... although then I had a look at the prices and it's like $175 for a single treatment!! Better be good...

OK, so here's some pics from me - sorry I'm so unorganised and it's taken so long. There was this sculpture thingy on near Bondi on the wkend, which Mark and I went to check out. I got a bit sunburnt in the process - very naughty :( Here's the 2 of us - sorry didn't get a pic together - how stunning is the ocean and sky?!



Here's one of the sculptures - these crazy little iron guys, I think at 50% normal height so they look like you've got a widescreen field of vision. They were cute, I liked them:









A couple of wkends ago we went up to toowoomba for a friend of Mark's wedding - here's a pic of Mark and I from the top of this lookout near where the reception was. Toowoomba was pretty nice - everyone had told me it was really crap, so I had low expectations though ;) It was like a green, scenic, possibly more affluent Junee...

So that's enough pics for now I think. Will comb through other photos and put more on at some point, and hopefully have some good sydney ones after some serious sightseeing in the next few wks... ;)

Take care guys - Ellie xox

2 comments:

Daniel and Jody Unterrheiner said...

hehe, those men really do look quite whacky! And the photos of you separately, Mark's got the celebrity pose happening alright! Must be nice to have some time off...

Ellie said...

Jodes, like you wouldn't believe :)